- Created: 12 August 2010
- Updated: 06 October 2015
- Published: 12 August 2010
- Hits: 2687
Get Connected Online
- Sign up for our email list, currently over 500 strong. Just fill in the form in the right column. See the Roanoke Park News & Events Archive for past messages.
- Like our facebook page at www.facebook.com/RoanokeParkKC. And feel free to share a note or picture on the page for public discussion.
- Join the Trails facebook group, if you're interested in the trails being built in Roanoke Park: www.facebook.com/groups/roanokeparktrails
- Bookmark this website
Volunteer In the Park
- We are currently actively engaged in cutting back the invasive Bush Honeysuckle and Wintercreeper that has taken over the park and welcome all helpers, with and without tools. We generally meet in the Park at 8:00am on most Saturdays, with bigger spring and fall work days getting more promotion and attendance. See Events > Work in the Park for examples.
- Sign up for the email list to be alerted of other work opportunities. It's actually fun!
- Roanoke Park's hiking / biking / nature trails need attention and periodic string trimming. Primary leaders are Scott Lillis and Brett Shoffner. See Plans > Trails for the Trail Map. Click the following link for the facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/roanokeparktrails
Volunteer For the Park
- An example: Roanoke Park's new playgrounds are the result of a coordinated effort led by park neighbors Rachel Porter and Lindsay Severns involving key contributions from Hufft Projects, the Make it Right Foundation and many interested neighbors.
Have Fun in the Park
- And since we're not All Work, there will be social events happening in the Park where neighbors from the Park's surrounding neighborhoods can meet. The Park is where the neighborhoods of Roanoke, Volker, Valentine and Coleman Highlands come together.
- Sign up for our email list to be notified of coming events.