- Created: 11 August 2010
- Updated: 17 April 2020
- Published: 11 August 2010
- Hits: 6478
ABOUT THE "JUICE" THAT DETERS REGROWTH
For controlling unwanted bush honeysuckle (Lonicera maackii) via cut surface treatments in forests. Tordon is selected for this project because it is shown to be effective and only requires a small dab applied sparingly and directly to to the freshly cut stem. Download Applying_Tordon_RTU.pdf for specific application instructions and illustrations as used by Kansas City Wildlands.
- Paint RING of Tordon within minutes of cutting honeysuckle stalks.
- Treat every cut stalk—the bush will re-emerge with great vigor through any untreated stem.
- Work in teams of three: one cutter, one brush dragger, one Tordon treater.
- To avoid missing any cut plants, the cutter should not move on until seeing that the treater is at work on the just cut plant.
Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing!
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Some materials that are chemical-resistant to this product are listed below. If you want more options, follow the instructions for category C on an EPA chemical resistance category selections chart. Applicators and other handlers, including persons repairing or cleaning equipment, must wear:
- Long-sleeved shirt and long pants
- Chemical-resistant gloves such as Barrier Laminate, Butyl Rubber, Nitrile Rubber, Neoprene Rubber, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), or Viton
- Shoes plus socks
- Protective eyewear
Discard clothing and other absorbent materials that have been drenched or heavily contaminated with this product. Do not reuse them. Follow manufacturer's instructions for cleaning/maintaining PPE. If no such instructions for washables, use detergent and hot water. Keep and wash PPE separately from other laundry. After each day of use, clothing or PPE must not be reused until it has been cleaned.
- Wash hands before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet.
- Remove clothing immediately if pesticide gets inside. Then wash thoroughly and put on clean clothing.
- Remove PPE immediately after handling this product. Wash the outside of gloves before removing.
- As soon as possible, wash thoroughly and change into clean clothing.
Dow AgroSciences Tordon RTU Specimen Label and Material Safety Data Sheet.