- Created: 06 May 2012
- Updated: 03 April 2013
- Published: 06 May 2012
- Hits: 4091
In case you missed it, Roanoke Park made The Kansas City Star (584kb pdf) in an article detailing all the great efforts being contributed to restore and reinvigorate an urban park jewel. And then again on June 3, Roanoke received accolades in an editorial (321kb pdf) in favor of public-private partnerships benefiting parks.
- The third annual Walk in the Park on May 5th drew a couple dozen interested neighbors to enjoy coffee and pastries, discuss the park and take a stroll. We also put together a four page handout detailing park highlights (855kb pdf) that was given out at the community center.
- The Roanoke Park Conservancy is now an official non-profit charity, so you can make a tax-deductible contribution to the Roanoke Park Conservancy to support future park improvements.
- Check out and “Like” the new Roanoke Park Conservancy Facebook Page! www.facebook.com/RoanokeParkKC
- Brett and his fellow trail builders continue to make good progress roughing in the next section of hiking / biking / nature trail just below Roanoke Drive.
- Many patches of Garlic Mustard have been pulled, but there's still more to get. See Weeds! What to Pull, and help yank it before it drops its evil seeds. (The worst patch is across from the community center north parking lot.)
It's great to see the momentum continuing for a better Roanoke Park. See you in the Park!